Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Heard in July 2009 - "Guess Your Having Fun"



CONCEPT:

I have been listening to the same music since college. New things here and there, but I rarely stray from my core constellation of faves - including various side, solo and other satellite projects. In my zeal to consume comedy, movies and comic books, the joys of discovering music fell by the wayside. My pop culture time was monopolized by the visual.

Inspired by a friend, I devised a little project that will spur me to actively pursue new jams (things I slept on, passed on arbitrarily, lost relics, up-and-comers, fresh bangers from old favorites, artifacts from a 2.2-gig Madlib torrent I just finished downloading): At the end of each month, I will post a mix of the best songs that I heard for the first time within those 30 or so days.

Won't you follow me on this journey? Thrill to the futuresounds? Mock me for being late to the party?

VOL 1.:



TRACKLISTING:

001 Busdriver - The Troglodyte Wins
002 Beirut - Scenic World
003 Caribou - Sandy
004 Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
005 Yo La Tengo - If It's True
006 Alaska in Winter - We Are Blind And Riding the Merry-Go-Round
007 Quasimoto - Microphone Mathematics
008 The Honeydrips - Fall From A Height
009 Coconut Records - Ask Her To Dance
010 Atlas Sound (w/ Noah Lennox) - Walkabout
011 David Vandervelde - I Will Be Fine
012 Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
013 Beach House - Heart of Chambers
014 Four Tet - Chiron
015 Islands - Rough Gem
016 High Places - From Stardust to Sentience
017 cLOUDDEAD - Apt A Side A
018 Fleet Foxes - Tiger Mountain Peasant Song



No comments: