Thursday, December 08, 2011

A Good Man Is Hard To Find - A Genres & Judgements Mixture

Right now I'm in the in the final stages of putting together my Best of 2011 lists. And since the year's about over, I started rummaging around my music database for some tunes I could write to, and found a ton of banging stuff I had completely forgot existed (as you'll notice in the upcoming Albums of the Year post, I slacked off with checking up on new music big time once September got under way).

This one starts off on the sparse side with a fascinating remix of an older Radiohead song by Julianna Barwick, but I promise there's some action after that, highlighted by Trent Reznor and Co.'s rendition of probably my all-time favorite Led Zeppelin track. These were released in 2011, and The Black Keys and Lana Del Rey songs have only been available for about a week, so there really is nothing stale about this mix.

And the title of this bad boy? I have a Flannery O'Connor collection on my bookshelf and, even though the girl in that picture and these songs don't have much of anything to do with her short story, I couldn't excise that phrase once it popped into my head.

Track list and streaming links available after the jump.
------------------------------------
01 - Radiohead - Reckoner (Julianna Barwick remix)
02 - Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
03 - Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross feat. Karen O - Immigrant Song
04 - The People's Temple - Starstreamer
05 - The Black Keys - Dead and Gone
06 - Frank Ocean - Novacane
07 - Kurt Vile - The Creature
08 - Bleached - Think of You
09 - St. Vincent - Cruel
10 - College feat. Electric Youth - A Real Hero

Stream on Spotify or...

No comments: