Thursday, March 01, 2012

An Atrocious Undertaking - A Genres & Judgements Mixture


"Then I reflected that everything happens to a man precisely, precisely now."
- Jorge Luis Borges, The Garden Of Forking Paths
------------------------------------

These 12 songs were either discovered during the first two months of 2012 (tracks 1-5 and 7), or have been filed away for longer than I can recall  in my "For Future Mixes" folder I've built over the last two years (tracks 6 and 8-12). That folder had gotten obnoxiously large, so I decided to sort the songs by their tonality so I'd have a better chance of clearing it out this year. As a result, I think it's safe to say this mix is a little less schizophrenic than my others have been. For this one, songs I felt were best classified as "atmosphere" music were collected, so they're a little more on the low-key side (although presenting them as low key feels misleading; perhaps you, the listener, can better discern how they should be described). Hope you like.


Track list and streaming links available after the jump.
------------------------------------
01. The Flaming Lips (feat. Erykah Badu, Siri & Biz Markie) - Now I Understand
02. How To Destroy Angels - Is Your Love Strong Enough? (Bryan Ferry cover)
03. Max Richter - On The Nature Of Daylight
04. White Denim - Street Joy
05. Teruyuki Nobuchika - Lastly
06. Malcolm McLaren - About Her
07. Chromatics - Into The Black (Neil Young cover)
08. Radiohead - Mk2
09. Surfer Blood - Drinking Problem (Speculator remix)
10. Tim Hecker - The Piano Drop
11. Daniel Lanois - Sonho Dourado
12. The Antlers - On The Roof

Stream on Spotify or...