Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summertide - A Genres & Judgments Mixture

Summer's been good to me. I'm finally rested up after what the first half of 2011 threw my way. I sense I'm about to get back into a posting groove in the coming days, especially delivering that embarrassingly overdue recap of the shows that have ended since my last write-up back in January (it might end up being 30 strong).

But first I needed a new slew of jams to help me focus. Thus, I give you Summertide.

Description and track list available after the jump.


I suppose the stories with this collection are its overall mellowness when compared to my previous mixes and that I, unknowingly in a few cases, stumbled upon some excellent covers (the originals are by Nirvana, Lefty Frizell, Buffalo Springfield and an old standard from the '60s popularized by quite a few performers over the years). Bon Iver, of course, is the bomb, and if this is your first exposure to Justin Vernon's magnificence, shame on you (also, you're welcome). However, details on most of these other artists elude me. Because of that, I encourage you to discover them as I had -- in blissful ignorance. Hopefully you dig them as much as I do.

Following the lead of Rivers Thaw, I've linked each song to someplace where you can listen to it individually. But you can stream the whole shebang on the additional links below, too.

01. The Fishermen Three - Always Late (With Your Kisses)
02. Summer Camp - Was It Worth It
03. Bad Lamps - Never Know The Difference
04. Long Walks On The Beach - Literally Crazy For You
05. The Weeknd - Rolling Stone
06. Deer Tick - What Kind Of Fool Am I?
07. Metric - Expecting To Fly
08. Bon Iver - Hinnom, TX
09. Yuna - Come As You Are
10. Cass McCombs - County Line
11. Timothy Bloom (feat. V) - 'Til The End Of Time
12. Girls - Vomit

Stream on Spotify or...

No comments: